SALLY'S PIZZA RECIPE
Makes 8 servings
1 packet active dry yeast (1 tablespoon)
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt
4 1/2 cups flour
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water.
- Stir in one cup of the flour and the salt.
- Add the next 3 cups of the flour, one cup at a time, mixing well until it is nolonger sticky.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface, until it is smooth and elastic, for
8-10 minutes, working in the remaining last 1/2 cup of flour.
- Shape the dough into a ball and put it in a lightly oiled bowl, then
cover with a cloth or plastic wrap.
- Let it rise in a warm place for about an hour, until it has doubled in size.
- Punch it down to get out air bubbles. Divide in two (or into the number of pizzas you want).
- Pull and spread out the dough with your hands onto two lightly oiled
12-inch pizza pans or baking sheets.
1 cup of your favorite tomato sauce
2 cups grated mozzarella cheeese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce on each pizza.
- (Optional) Arrange on top, chopped vegetables of your choice such as
mushrooms, peppers, asparagus, broccoli, onions, herbs.
- Sprinkle 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese on each pizza.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Serve at once! Buon Appetito!